Monday, October 25, 2010

My reading list

If you haven't noticed, I mostly wind up reading Young Adult.  Years back, books usually fell into the category of children's or adult.  Now we have children's, middle grade, young adult, and adult.  There is discussion in the publishing world of starting a new category for college age.  There is a whole category of material that writers are trying to get published in the 18- to 25-year-old age range, that is either too young for adult or too old for YA.  These are the category of books I also find interesting.  Perhaps I stopped maturing at 22!

Anyhow, I don't like books with some of the harder adult themes and YA books are usually a bit tamer on that front.  Plus, firsts are interesting.  First love, first adventure, first job, and the list goes on.  So I read a bit of everything, but seem to gravitate back to YA.  I also dabble in writing a bit, and that's my preferred genre.

But, on my desk this week are:

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Torment by Lauren Kate
The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment