Monday, October 11, 2010

What I'm reading

I start and stop many books that just don't cut the mustard.  That sounds harsh.  I used to think that whatever I picked up I had to finish (something about high school and being force-fed literary material that I never would have choosen otherwise), but I've come to realize if I pick it up and can't choke past the first chapter, there's nothing wrong with putting it down. 

And it's not that there's anything wrong with any book that I put down, it's just that that genre/subject matter/characters didn't suit my tastes.

So, having skipped around a bit this week, this is what I have on  my nightstand.

Jane and the Damned by Janet Mullany
Deception by Lee Nichols
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Downsiders by Neal Shusterman
Blue Noon by Scott Westerfield

How does it make you feel not to finish a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment