Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Book Review - Eternal Kiss of Darkness

*Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost
Published by Avon
361 pages



Most anything by Jeaniene Frost is all right by me.

This story is a spin-off from her original Night Huntress series with Cat and Bones, and it's the second in delving deeper into the side characters lives, but stands on its own.

Aside from the horrible, fake-blood-on-the-neck cover, this book deals with Mencheres (which I wish I knew how to pronounce properly) and a PI named Kira Graceling.  She happens upon Mencheres as he's being cornered by ghouls and being tortured to death.  Wait a minute, he's a mega-master vampire, remember?

She tries to rescue him, and their adventures begin.  Kira is a very strong personality, which entices Mencheres.  He is used to subservience in all who encounter him, which Kira isn't aware of, and wouldn't put up with it if she was.

I don't know why I had in my mind as Mencheres being a much older, distinguished gentleman, but instead we find him an early 20s, hip gentleman.  We see Cat and Bones a time or two in this book and Vlad, but the other characters from the original are missing.

Overall I enjoyed this.  I did skim through some of the dark magic ritual used toward the end since that isn't my cup of tea.  If you like Miss Frost's work, you won't be disappointed in this one.

*This book contains adult content.

No comments:

Post a Comment