Monday, November 15, 2010

Book Review - Torment - YA

Torment by Lauren Kate
Published by Delacorte Books
452 pages



I wanted to like this book, I really did.  I plodded through it but began skimming the last 50 pages.  I set it down to read other things, and in the interim, didn't really care if I picked it up again.

The book seems too formulaic.  Bad guy, good guy (or angel as the case may be).  Rude girl, questioning naive girl.  Really, how many times can you be almost killed and still not follow simple directions?

So, this book leaves off where Fallen ended, Luce is now at a new school for Nephilim taught by good angel/bad angel lovers where she finds friends Miles and Shelby.  She is questioning her love loop with Daniel, foolishly disobeys anything anyone tells her because of course, she knows better.

Sorry for the snark.

Not much else to say about this.  I felt like there was a lot of filler.  I will read the third (or try to anyway), because at the end of this "Torment," something finally starts happening, so I do have hopes for the next book, as dismal as I felt this one was.  I don't have hope for Luce growing up, though, but maybe we'll find out why Daniel even likes her in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment